Date:      18 May 2001 08:42:36 -0700
From:      Steve M <slavik944@metconnect.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   'Cannot map interupt' PCI LNE100TX

Greetings, I recently bought a LinkSys LNE100TX and am running into some trouble with getting it to work.

Ran the ifconfig dc0 (arbitrary IP number (out of the BSD book(4.0))), it told me that it 'could not map interupt' and something about error 6.

The error message also showed that it recognized the video card (VooDoo) and the LAN card on pci0.  Meanwhile the LAN card is physically in slot 3 (pci2).

I had to reboot because after running the above ifconfig I get a message telling me 'device not present'.
After the reboot I ran ifconfig dc2 (IP number) and the same error came back (could not map interupt)

Previous to these steps I had to recompile the kernel with:
'device dc'
device dc0
in it.  I had taken out these lines before thinking I would never need to network.  Silly me.

I checked my BIOS (MR BIOS) and there is nothing that directly says wether I have PnP or it is 'engaged'.

However in the PCI menu (in the BIOS) there are 4 seperate PCI sections for the 4 seperate physical PCI slots.
At the top of the screen in the PCI menu there is a 'mode' section that lets me choose between manual and automatic.  Currently it is set to manual.  Also, for each of the 4 PCI sections there are 4 subsections labled 'Int A'-'D' and I can set an interupt for 2 out of the 4.  So I guess I'm also a little confused about the 2 interupts for one slot.

Sorry for sounding so ignorant about some of the stuff I should probably know already and thanks in advance for the help.

Steve M