Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 2002 14:28:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-standards@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pthread.h: improved _POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED check

<<On Wed, 25 Dec 2002 17:14:30 -0500, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com> said:

> I missed one macro, here is an updated patch.

This patch is probably in the wrong direction.  The functions should
either be declared unconditionally, or they should not be declared at
all (depending on how close we are to having support for these
interfaces).

Since these are trivial interfaces, I think the correct approach is
probably as follows:

1) Implement *_getpshared() as always returning PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE.

2) Implement *_setpshared() to return success if pshared is
PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE and [EINVAL] otherwise.

-GAWollman