Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2000 01:11:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>
To:        Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot manager

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Walter Brameld wrote:

> Whilst setting up FreeBSD on my second drive, I skillfully managed to
> install the boot manager on both drives. Now I get double prompted
> for the drive from which I wish to boot.
>
> Could someone tell me how to skillfully uninstall the danged thing
> from the second (FreeBSD) drive?
>
> Thanks

Sure.  Skillfully run /stand/sysinstall, post-install config, fdisk.
Select second drive, don't make any changes to the partition layouts, and,
when prompted for a boot manager, pick NONE, and make sure you commit the
changes from the menu.

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>	50% Owner, Sysadmin
  SaskNow Technologies     		http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   		Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2