Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:25:18 -0800
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
To:        Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 fails to shutdown properly

--LTeJQqWS0MN7I/qa

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 08:33:51PM +0530, Subhro wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 22:23:52 -0800, Loren M. Lang <lorenl@alzatex.com> wro=
te:
> > FreeBSD fails to sync buffers on shutdown and gives up requiring and
> > fsck on reboot everytime.  It first syncs vnodes which hit 0 after a
> > short time, then while syncing buffers the count starts at 7 and stays
> > there til it gives up trying to sync them.  When I first go into single
> > user mode, then umount all fs by hand I can run reboot and it will
> > shutdown properly.  Is there a way to increase the delay on shutdown or
> > some other way to fix this problem?  I'm using a clean install of FreeB=
SD 5.3.
>=20
> Could you tell us about the arrangement of drives on your busses? Also
> what type of data conductor are you using?

I have a pure IDE system at the moment.

Primary Master is a 120G Western Digital HD with UltraDMA 100, Primary
Slave is a 250G WD HD w/ UDMA 100.  On my Seconary bus is a Samsung
DVD-ROM with UDMA 33 as the master, and the slave is a 4 disc NEC CD change=
r.

All cables are standard 40 pin ribbon cables.

Side question, how do cd changers work in FBSD?

>=20
> Regards
> S.
>=20
> --=20
> Subhro Sankha Kar
> School of Information Technology
> Block AQ-13/1 Sector V
> ZIP 700091
> India

--=20
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.
Bluescreen leads to downtime.
Downtime leads to suffering.
NT is the path to the darkside.
Powerful Unix is.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C
=20

--LTeJQqWS0MN7I/qa

--LTeJQqWS0MN7I/qa--