Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 22:32:31 +0800
From:      Tech Support <jxbmail@yeah.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ppp programmer

Dear sir,

     I'm a keen ppp programmer.
     My recently goal is to program a PPPoE(PPP over ethernet,RFC2516)
     Client on Windows.
     I meet problem now:

     (1)Does Windows has a same thing like UNIX PPPD(as client),using to
        communction with remote PPPD(as server)?

     (2)Certainly,I cannot use RasDial function,It seems to communication
        with remote RAS server(Only a Windows NT PPP server).But I will
        talk with a UNIX(linux or solaris) ppp server.

     (3)On Unix,local PPPD's output(stdout) can be a program's input(stdin),
        (vice versa). So the program can catch PPPD's PPP packet,then
        encapsulate this packet in a new form and send to ppp server by a
        special method, the PPPoE Ethernet Frame via ethernet network.
        Can I access my windows PPPd's stdout and stdin?

     Will you please save time to help me?
     Thank you!

     Best regards,
     Jiang XiaoBing