Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 17:19:22 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RELEASE on up1100

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 12:03:08AM +0000, Yoriaki FUJIMORI wrote:

Yoriaki-san,

thanks for your kind offer, I have just updated my Alpha-testers web page.

At least I have it cleaned up already for 4.5R ;-)

Wilko

> I am willing to test new releases and release candidates on up1100.
> It is pity that Samusung has not marketed up1100 widely.
>
> As for 4.4-RELEASE on up1100, I noticed some inconviniences.
> They are related to scsi and ethernet.
> I tested NCR53C895 based cards from LSI.
>
> (1)  When `shutdowon -r now' is invoked, the system hangs in the middle
> of reboot---scsi tests freezes the system.  This happens with the symbios
> driver.

Hm, I have not seen this on any of the systems I have access to. But I
have no machines using the 895 chip for the SCSI.

> (2)  If the ncr driver is applied, with symbios disabled in the kernel,
> then in the middle of reboot (by `shutdown -r now' as in the above) the
> dc0 (up1100's onboard nic) starts complaining that
> "dc0 watchdog timeout",
> so that the system cannot be connected to the network.

Maybe Gerard Roudier (sp?) can help you as far as the sym driver goes.