Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 12:11:28 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange reboot saga

I remember trying this exploit about a month ago when it was first
announced.  It locked the system up solid within seconds.  After
applying the patches from PR 8416 I currently have four copies of
find and one tripwire running for over an hour and a half, with no
hang.  The patches from PR 8416 appear to have fixed the hang.

Open Systems Group          Internet:  Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca
ITSD                                   Cy.Schubert@gems8.gov.bc.ca
Province of BC
                      "e**(i*pi)+1=0"