Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:58:34 -0400
From:      "Clarence Brown" <clabrown@granitepost.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   best new drive / dual boot strategy

I've had a couple machines running freebsd for some time,
but should still be considered a newby, so please give me
verbose answers and don't assume I know what I'm doing ;)

I was running out of space on my Win98 machine with a
8 gig SCSI drive. I've purchased a new 18 gig SCSI drive.

My old drive was partitioned into a 6 gig C: and 2 gig d:

I'm thinking using the new drive for Win98 (sorry, most of
my work is still in MS) and using the old 8 Gig for FreeBSD 4.x

Concerning dual boot, how do I need to arrange the 18 gig?
Do I need a small FreeBSD partition near the front to boot
FreeBSD, or can the boot utility just jump to the start of the
2nd SCSI drive when FreeBSD is selected for boot?

If you have a suggestion for how you would arrange this
please advise.

Thanks, Cla.