Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:35:25 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, portmgr@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/35927: Permission sought to commit this automake 1.6 upgrade

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 05:11:40PM -0500, Alan Eldridge wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 02:55:23PM -0500, Will Andrews wrote:
>>On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 10:49:04AM -0800, obrien@FreeBSD.org wrote:
>>> Synopsis: Permission sought to commit this automake 1.6 upgrade

See ports/35710.

I submitted a repocopy request a week ago to create automake-devel.
This was a trial port, so people could test automake-1.6. It also
included my proposed $PREFIX/libexec/automake16/ links directory for
benefit of future changes to bsd.ports.mk.

That was sent to portmgr the same day and then promptly ignored. Repocopy
request policy was to send it to cvs@ as well, this was not done by the
person who changed responsible to portmgr; policy also stated that repocopy
requests that were not denied in 1 business day were to be assumed approved,
yet this has just been sitting for a week.

The description is:

Automake-1.6 is out. This repocopy and patch will give an automake-1.6
port.  Binaries are installed with 16 suffix only. Info file is
installed with 16 suffix (automake16.info) and install-info is not
run.

This includes my new mechanism for setting automake paths as discussed with
Will Andrews. That is, a directory ${PREFIX}/libexec/automake16 is created,
and links automake, aclocal are made to ${PREFIX}/bin/{automake,aclocal}16.

--
Alan Eldridge
"Dave's not here, man."