Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:50:50 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
Cc:        Fabio Miranda <fmirand@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to reduce lnc ethernet driver verbosity?

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 11:20:26AM -0700, Fabio Miranda wrote:
> > hi, how can i reduce lnc ethernet driver verbosity?, i
> > recive about 1000 lines of warnings such as:
> > Aug 16 08:19:58 fusm /kernel: lnc0: Receive CRC error
> > Aug 16 08:20:02 fusm /kernel: lnc0: Framing error

Is the whatever it's connected to set to half duplex? A duplex
mis-match is a common source of such messages and I don't think the
Lance can be set to full-duplex.

If you look at the man page for the device you will find:
BUGS
     This driver has the potential of being the most verbose of any of the
     Ethernet device drivers.

So you need to fix the problem, live with it, or edit the driver to
eliminate the messages.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)