Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:54:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marc Tardif <intmktg@CAM.ORG>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   ccd with other filesystems

At which level does ccd concatenate or mirror disks? Is the
operation performed on slices or partitions? If slices,
does it have to be set to sysid 165? If partitions, does it
have to be in the FFS format?

I ask because I'm not sure how the word "partition" is used
in the manpage, is it suppose to mean a slice (as in DOS
partition) or the partition of a slice? Also, I'm intrigued
by the following passage:
    Note that the `raw' partitions of the disks should not be
    combined. The kernel will only allow component partitions
    of type FS_BSDFFS.

Does this mean ccd will only accept FFS partitions? Could
msdos partitions, be concatenated or mirrored for example?
Also, why does it say "the keryenl will only allow", isn't
it ccd which allows? Lastly, if ccd doesn't act on raw
partitions, does that apply to vinum also?