Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:44:11 -0700
From:      stevesag@best.com (Steve Goldfield)
To:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems Telnetting to My Best Account from Sun Workstation

Hello, I was referred to you by Best support. I have an account at  Best,
which says they are
using FreeBSD software. I work at Sun Microsystems where I am using a Sun
Ultra 1 workstation
running (I think) Solaris 2.5.1 and CDE. Since I switched from OpenWindows
(sun-cmd) to CDE
(dtterm), I've had a lot of difficulty using vi when telnetting into my
Best account. I found a
dtterm entry in /etc/termcap on the Best server, but my visual display in
vi is pretty garbled.
Can you shed any light on why that is and what I can do to fix it? I've
experimented with
different environment variables but  have been unable to find a combination
that clears up the
problem.

Thanks,

Steve Goldfield

>Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 05:08:55 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Best Internet Support <support@best.com>
>To: Steve Goldfield <stevesag@best.com>
>Subject: Re: Problems Telnetting to My Best Account from Sun Workstation
>

>  Sorry, but best internet technical support is unable to provide
>assistance in the area of unix. We hope to change this shortly, you might
>want to contact support@freebsd.org as they are the offical support group
>for the FreeBSD software that we use.
>
>-Gavin

>Best Internet Support                           Best Internet Communications
>Email Group                                     (415)-940-7835
>
>     Because of the high volume of e-mail to which we respond, please
>     leave _all_ of the previous message (unless it's unbearable) in
>     your reply so we can better remember your original message.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
     Steve Goldfield - stevesag@best.com - El Cerrito, CA
web page: http://www.best.com/~stevesag/stevesag.html/