Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:03:30 -0800
From:      Edward Martinez <eam1edward@gmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: apps to  display cpu temp

On 11/14/11 17:23, Polytropon wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:16:49 -0800, Edward Martinez wrote:
>>      Thanks!,  Even though mbmon  is about 10 degrees off  from what the
>> BIOS is reporting. I'm still a  happycamper.
> I had a similar observation with my P4 system: CPU temp
> would always "flatline" at 60 deg. C.
>

>>      I have a question, is it supposed to be "device iichsmb" or "device
>> iicsmb" like you have listed?
> The example listed is from my kernel configuration of that
> particular P4 system, where it _worked_ properly. I had
> inserted "device iicsmb" as per kernel configuration notes.
> The OS in question was 7-STABLE.

    Thanks again.  mbmon is still  staying somewhat  parallel to what
the BIOS reports.
     I was bit confused because i've only have read about "ichsmb"
previously. However
     I've learned something new:  "iicsmb"

     http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=4&topic=ichsmb
      http://www.unix.com/man-page/FreeBSD/4/iicsmb/