Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 19:41:31 +0100
From:      "Robin Breathe" <freebsd@lineone.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with ipfilter 3.4.29 under -STABLE (post 31/08/2002)

Hi all,

I'm interested to know if anyone is successfully running ipf/ipnat under
-STABLE from after the merge on the 31st of August
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/contrib/ipfilter/).

I have found that my existing rulesets fail with the new code.  ipf
blocks everything, and ipnat doesn't do NAT.  My rules are at
http://isometry.net/freebsd/ipfilter/, and they've worked flawlessly
with previous versions of ipfilter, in particular 3.4.27 from
4.6.2-RELEASE to which I have reverted.

I am making, and installing the base system and kernel using the
makefile from
http://www.freebsddiary.org/samples/makefile.for.build.world which has
also always worked flawlessly for me.

I am trying to work out whether the problem lies with the recent merge
of ipfilter 3.4.29, or with my config.  And from all the testing I've
been able to do, the problem seems to lie with ipfilter.  Other people's
experiences with the new code would be greatly appreciated.

 -- Robin