Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 07:42:57 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Not defeated!! (nethack)

With great amounts of guesswork, I've downgraded the nethack port to
work without X or xpm. There's just a bit more fiddling to get the
package to work right too.

Is this likely to be useful to anyone except me? There's already two
flavours of nethack.

If so, I'll finish it off properly and someone should check I haven't
done anything dangerous. If not, whoee! me and my 386 will get back to
the serious business of killing monsters :-)

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-