Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:04:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
To:        Panagiotis Astithas <past@netmode.ntua.gr>
Cc:        Graham Wheeler <gram@cequrux.com>, Antony T Curtis <antony@abacus.co.uk>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Framebuffer driver?

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:

> Is that true? I have a laptop with a synaptics touchpad and everytime I
> hook a ps/2 mouse in it, the touchpad stops responding.
> And no, I don't see any problems like random key clicks, etc.

The behavior I am speaking of occurs if you have the mouse attached
during boot.  I have never tried plugging it in after boot since this is
reported to blow the PS2 controller.

It is true that I can use either mouse or touchpad when the mouse is
attached.  If the mouse is not attached the touchpad is virtual useless on
my Presario 1200XL.

Jim