Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:56:16 -0600 (CST)
From:      Brennan Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Vlad <tmd@tmd.df.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: my server uptime

I did reboot for the new kernels, but after I had 3.4-STABLE in place I
left it for 330 days before the new hardware replaced it.  Now I hope to
simply let it sit and stay at 4.2-STABLE for some time.  In a couple years
I may upgrade the old server and put FreeBSD 5.2-STABLE on it.  I will
like having a threaded kernel.  The developers are doing great work.

And thanks to having a nicely updated server I will be able to continue
re-learning C.  So far I have made some basic C binaries which can talk to
the mysql database server.  I hope to learn enough so I could one day help
the developers... or maybe a maintainer for a couple ports.

There is still yet much to learn.

Brennan Stehling - software developer and system administrator
  my projects:
       home.offwhite.net (free personal hosting)
       www.greasydaemon.com (bsd search)
       beta.mymilwaukee.com (initial mockup)
       beta.sncalumni.com (initial mockup)