Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2002 13:42:13 -0500
From:      Doug Lee <dgl@dlee.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mail to News software suggestions?

I want to read busy mailing lists with nn or trn.  I have space to
store the messages as news articles locally.  I'm looking for a
system that will take incoming list mail and deposit it in "newsgroups"
I create for them on this machine.  I use procmail, so it would be
fine to pass off list mail messages to this system via procmail
recipes.  I also hope to find an easy way to expire/delete articles
easily after I read them, individually or (more likely) in bulk
after each of my nn/trn sessions.  Note that these pseudo-newsgroups
are for my use only and will not be seen outside of my system, so
a read article never need be kept at all, really, unless I decide
to keep an archive.  Also, I do not handle "real" newsgroups here
at all (I don't have THAT much space); if I ever use nn/trn locally
to read real news, I'll find an NNTP server.

Does anyone know a good way to do this?

Thanks much.

--
Doug Lee           dgl@dlee.org        http://www.dlee.org