Date:      Sat, 4 Sep 2004 01:25:38 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   is there an 'open-source' RealPlayer?

	I hope this gets a response from someone on-list; things seem
	pretty dead on the weekend... .

	Is there any open source version of the Real Audio player?
	or a translator that takes the input or ra[m] and creates
	a wav|mp3 stream?  Also,is anything is the works to create
	a (*ick*) Windoze version of their player for the Unix user?

	After days of hunting around I finally got audio streams
	working with the great lightweight links browser in
	~/.links/links.cfg.  This set me to pondering things-audio.

	Anybody out there:-) ?

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix