Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:51:19 -0500
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   UPS monitoring for Bestpower UPSs?

Is there an alternative for monitoring Best Power UPSs?  upsmon is only for
APC SmartUPS and upsd seems to be only for APC as well.

Best has some binaries for download that are "supposed" to work with FreeBSD
(based on the daemon logo they're displaying), but they croak when executed,
being apparently BSDi binaries.

ELF interpreter /shlib/ld-bsdi.so not found
Abort trap

I can get to the UPS's command line without a problem from Minicom, so I
check by hand, but that's not very automagic.

Please CC replies to me directly as I don't subscribe to -questions.