Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2007 23:33:59 +0300
From:      "Vlad GURDIGA" <gurdiga@gmail.com>
To:        rnoland@2hip.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bery does not work on FreeBSD 7-CURRENT

Hello,

I've installed beryl today (tried both: from packages and compiled from
updated ports) on a FreeBSD 7-CURRENT.
When I run beryl from console I get this:

# beryl
Something went wrong with Xgl detection.
Something went wrong with Nvidia detection.Something went wrong with system
check.

When I run beryl-manager I get this:

# beryl-manager
# glxinfo: not found

** (beryl-manager:95111): WARNING **: No pidof, this may not work right.

** (beryl-manager:95111): WARNING **: No pidof, this may not work right.

** (beryl-manager:95111): WARNING **: No pidof, this may not work right.

** (beryl-manager:95111): WARNING **: No pidof, this may not work right.

The red diamond on beryl manager apears in the upper notification area of
GNOME desktop, but when I try to select the beryl window manager from it's
contextual menu, there is a flicker and in less than a second everything is
beck to normal look.

When I run beryl-settings I get this:

# beryl-settings
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/beryl-settings", line 22, in ?
------- endless pause ------
^CFatal error 'Thread is not system scope.
' at line 316 in file /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_sig.c (errno = 2)
Abort

Do I miss a package or something? Or it is just because of the development
version on FreeBSD?
Or maybe it is because of my ATI Radeon videocard?
The Xorg 7.2 and xf86-video-ati-6.6.3_2 were installed by the book
(/usr/port/UPDATING) and work fine.

Here is my uname -a:

# uname -a
FreeBSD kpax 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #3: Mon Jun  4 00:03:11 EEST
2007     root@kpax:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386