Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:15:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Philipp <philipp@globalserve.net>
To:        emer@hyperhost.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.8-3.0 error 22: panic: cannot mount root (2)

Make sure your kernel config file doesn't mention sd in the line...

config kernel root on da0

having...

config kernel root on sd0 will cause panics.

Hope that helps,

> I just upgraded from 2.2.8-stable to 3.0-stable.  I built a new Elf kernel
> (Generic), upgraded the bootblocks, and made all in /dev (and remade my da0
> drive/slice just in case).  Now, after the kernel loads, I get this delightful
> message:
>
> error 22: panic: cannot mount root (2)
>
> Using the 3.0 fixit, I can mount just fine.
>
> How can I get it to find root?

Peter Philipp (PP2441)		| "What's a Woozle?" - RFC 872
Globalserve Communications	| "10% technology.. 90% perception" - jkh
My views and statements are my own and may not be those of Globalserve.