Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2002 00:54:10 -0500
From:      Bryan Cassidy <bryanc2000@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xterm and colors

I have read a few threads on bsdforums.org about settings the colors for xterm when i use the "ls" command. I tried what people said to do but came up with nothing. They really didn't specify to clear how to do this. When I use the "ls -G" command I get color in xterm while in X. How do i set the colors so when I just use "ls" I get the color directories and the rest of colors? I just want the basic colors that I can get without having to do alot of configuring. I think it just makes it a little easier to view things in the terminal when you have a little color to go on. Maybe its me but it makes it easier on me so any help would be appreciated.