Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2002 13:23:13 -0700
From:      Seth Kingsley <sethk@meowfishies.com>
To:        netchild@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   interchange port

--L6iaP+gRLNZHKoI4

The reason I didn't respond to your previous message is because your
"changes" showed about 95% diffs against the version that I submitted,
including the following major features missing:

+ Use of perl5 ports to handle dependencies rather than having the port
  build automatically retrieve and install them from CPAN.  If the port
  installs files that are not listed in the packing list, then the port
  is broken and won't create binary packages correctly.

+ You clobbered my user addition scripts and replaced them with
  hard-coded user/group and UID/GID settings.

+ You basically re-wrote my rc.d script with different tab stops, and
  added some tunables, which should really be in
  etc/rc.interchange.conf.  See the isc-dhcp port for an example of
  this.

+ You removed my attribution from the pkg-descr file.  The FreeBSD
  Porters Handbook in section 2.2.2 suggests that you sign your name at
  the end of this file.  If you're going to take over maintainership of
  this port, you should at least replace my name with yours in this
  file.

+ You didn't segregate the install path of interchange-specific
  utilities.  Putting utilities with names like "dump" and "restart"
  into ${PREFIX}/bin does not seem like such a good idea, if for no
  other reason than the fact that they will always need to be invoked
  using a full pathname anyway.

I also noticed you typo'd your MAINTAINER line as netchild@FreeBSB.org.

Your version did not appear to be based on mine at all, save for the
packing list and port description.

--=20
|| Seth Kingsley || sethk@meowfishies.com ||
|| http://www.meowfishies.com/ | Meow ^_^ ||