Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:21:03 +0100
From:      "Seth Brundle" <cdanza335@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is it possible to mount OpenBSD FFS partitions in FreeBSD?

Hi list,

I'm in the mid of migrating my workstation from OpenBSD/amd64 to
FreeBSD/amd64. I have three hard discs installed in it (two identical
250GByte SATA300, and one 500GByte SATA300 drive).

When still running OpenBSD, I copied all data I want to transfer to the
500GByte drive; I plan to run the two 250GByte HDs as RAID1 when running
FreeBSD.

Prior to installing FreeBSD on this machine, I grabbed the 500GByte HD (with
one single OpenBSD FFS partition on it, 'wd2a' in OpenBSD speak) and tried
to mount it on a FreeBSD machine.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure it should. I probably
don't use the right parameter:

# mount /dev/ad8s1a /mnt/
mount: /dev/ad8s1a : No such file or directory

(I thought that the first -- and only -- partition on OpenBSD would show up
as 'slice 1' on FreeBSD.)

Help greatly appreciated -- thank you!

Seth