Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 1995 19:26:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Richard Toren <rpt@miles.sso.loral.com>
To:        "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@geli.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nas+sb16

Russell
  I just went through the same excercise a couple of weeks ago. The only
difference I seem to have is that I had mooved the midi address to 0x300.

# 950819 RPT added soundblaster sound
# only this change
controller  snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
#device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x300
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388

sb0 at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster Pro 4.12>
sbxvi0 at 0x0 drq 5 on isa
sbxvi0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.12>
sbmidi0 at 0x300 on isa
sbmidi: <SoundBlaster MPU-401>
opl0 at 0x388 on isa
opl0: <Yamaha OPL-3 FM>

The PCM configuration messages always come up to me, and I just ignore them.

Then I put the following into my rc.local: (later commented them out):
#/usr/X11R6/bin/au :0 &
#/usr/X11R6/bin/auctl -audio localhost:0 -q set device 1 gain = 90

I found that auplay then worked...without the gain setting, things were
so quiet that I thought it was not working...

Rip Toren               | The bad news is that C++ is not an object-oriented |
rpt@miles.sso.loral.com | programming language. .... The good news is that   |
                        | C++ supports object-oriented programming.          |
                        |    C++ Programming & Fundamental Concepts          |
                        |     by Anderson & Heinze                           |