Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:22:43 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Thomas Cannon <tcannon@noops.org>
Cc:        jedgar@FreeBSD.ORG, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, security-officer@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I think this could be better

On 2002-04-18 17:31, Thomas Cannon wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >
> > It's not a world-writable directory unless your umask is fubar.
> > It probably should be using "mktemp -d" though.
>
> /tmp is not world writable?
>
> Oh, I understand. Sure it creates a non-world-writable directory.
> But it does so in a world-writable directory. So all I have to do is
> make the /tmp/install.$$ directory first. The umask doesn't even
> come into play.

Guys, guys.  Relax.  In -CURRENT, mktemp is used:

	$ grep INSTALLTMP /usr/src/Makefile.inc1 | head -1
	INSTALLTMP!=    /usr/bin/mktemp -d -u -t install

Now, we need to ask jedgar who committed this to MFC it :)
(Cc: already done.)

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/