Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2017 22:00:06 +0100
From:      Jos Chrispijn <bsduser@cloudzeeland.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP access blocked on specific user

I have a sudden issue connecting with a certain username on sftp and
predefined port.

Any other user gets immidiately access on the same ip and portnumber,
but on this specific user things get stuck:
Get a timeout and session is terminated. Only ftp:21 works.

First I thought it was domainname / dns related so I tried to get sftp
access on internal network / ip number levelinstead of domain name.
Unfortunately that doesn't provide access result.

Could it be that I should flush a certain session file in order to
remove any information that blocks sftp access?

Perhaps this 'blocked user' has a damages user directory (folder) that
causes the timeout?

Also checked ipfw icw SSHGuard (table22) but after flushing no
improvement yet.

Can someone tell me what I may oversee here? Thanks!

/Jos