Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 07:58:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        Lyndon Nerenberg VE7TCP <lyndon@orthanc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hysterical Raisons

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Lyndon Nerenberg VE7TCP wrote:

> 	/usr/ports	Unsupported ported code
> 	/usr/local	Whatever the *LOCAL* site wants to add

I think this has been discussed some weeks ago very closely.
Me, too, had some wishes, but...
the consens is, not to implement changes to the ports collection.

I think the meaning of the ports collection is, to help the people
to get that wanted "local stuff" more quickly and in good porting
quality into /usr/local.

I think we should stop dicussing this again and again. You are free,
to install the things into other directories.

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@knobel.gun.de         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         $$  Support Unix - aklemm@wup.de  $$