Date:      Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:45:27 -0400
From:      "Jason Coene" <jcoene@gotfrag.com>
To:        "'Mike Tancsa'" <mike@sentex.net>, <freebsd-performance@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: TCP Transfers slowing down

Hi Mike,

Sorry, I should have clarified in my original e-mail.  On the local network,
transmissions work great, I can clear 6Mbyte/sec between 2 FreeBSD servers
using eth0 and the switch.  The problem occurs when going upstream.

The reason why I'm thinking that this has to be something to do with a
change in FreeBSD is circumstantial:

- This problem didn't occur on 5.2-RELEASE (with no infrastructure changes)

- An OpenBSD firewall (exact hardware, exact interface and switchport
configuration) doesn't have the problem.

- A FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE machine (similar hardware, eth0 on the outside,
same switch and interface configuration) doesn't have the problem.

Do you know if there were any changes between 5.2 and 5.4 that may have an
impact on this?

Thanks,

Jason