Date:      Fri, 6 May 2005 21:08:19 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Luke Dean <LukeD@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVS tag for specific release candidate

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 08:55:56PM -0700, Luke Dean wrote:
>=20
> I was using 5.4-RC1 until today.
> Today I attempted to update to 5.4, but I can't get into single-user mode=
=20
> without a panic.  I'm just about certain that this is because of the work=
=20
> in progress in that ata-raid driver right now.
> I'm using a Promise FastTrack S150 TX2Plus, and it's not happy with the=
=20
> recent changes.  I'd be glad to help test the changes, but right now I'm=
=20
> more concerned with getting my system in a stable shape.
> I want to go back to 5.4-RC1, but I can't seem to get the CVS tag right.

Release candidates are not tagged.  You can use a specific date with
the -D option to roll back to before they were committed.  This is
also more helpful because you can isolate the specific change that
caused you problems.

Unfortunately by now it might be too late to get this fixed for
5.4-RELEASE, but at least it can be fixed soon afterwards if there is
a problem.

Kris
--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga--