Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 2004 02:00:47 GMT
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/74862: [patch] update tuning(7) man page

The following reply was made to PR docs/74862; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To: Joel Dahl <joel@automatvapen.se>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 03:54:43 +0200

 On 2004-12-08 19:39, Joel Dahl <joel@automatvapen.se> wrote:
 > (1) Remove reference to IDE_DELAY.  I'm not sure that my memory is
 >     correct, but I think that it was removed a long time ago, so I
 >     don't see any point in keeping it here.

 IDE_DELAY is still used by the wd(4) driver of PC98.  Conditional
 inclusion of text in manpages is not possible AFAIK, so we could
 probably reword that part a bit to make it more obvious that it only
 applies to PC98.

 > (2) Reword things a bit since SCSI_DELAY defaults to 5000 milliseconds
 >     in CURRENT, not 15000.

 This part looks good.