Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:19:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        Mustafa Melih Asik <okana@superonline.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: again from Turkey

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Mustafa Melih Asik wrote:

> Hi again.. This is Okan Asik from Turkey.
>
> I think i decide to install FreeBsd.But there are 2 problems more.
> Problem 1 : I have got US Robotics 28.800 Sportser Winmodem.I installed
> Linux 3 months ago and i couldn't use Internet.Because of i can't
> install modem to Linux.What can i do?

Replace your modem.  :(  Winmodems only work under Windows.

> And is there any big differences between Linux and FreeBsd.

Yes.  Search the mail archives for "FreeBSD vs. Linux", or check out
Matthew Fuller's page on the topic (I don't know the URL, try searching
for it using Altavista).

> Problem 2 : This is Turkey, and you can't find operating systems such as
> Linux or FreeBsd.How can i found FreeBsd.And by what they can send it to
> Turkey.I need FreeBsd in 2 weeks.

If you have access to the internet, you can download it from
ftp://freebsd.cdrom.com.  Or you can order it for about $40 US from Walnut
Creek CD-ROM, http://www.cdrom.com.

> I can change my modem if there is no way.If i change it how can i
> coonect internet with FreeBsd.Is it easy?And i am using PPP..

See the Pedantic PPP Primer,
http://www.nl.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/ppp.html.

> And one more question, can i use any web browser with FreeBsd.Such as
> Netscape or Internet Explorer..And e-mail programs of course..

There's a Netscape for BSD, I'm not sure about Internet Explorer though.
There's also Mosaic, lynx, and several others.  For email, you can use
pine, elm, mutt, any of the full-featured web browsers, emacs, or even
plain old /usr/bin/mail.

> Thanx very much to all of you... :)

You're welcome.

> Okan Asik     okana@superonline.com

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."