Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2003 14:48:35 -0400
From:      stan <stanb@panix.com>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to delete/replace default route using ppp?

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 01:52:43PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> stan wrote:
> >I'm trying to get a new laptop set up for a quick out of town trip.
> >
> >Can anyone help me with the ppp.conf syntax to clear/replace an existing
> >default rout for the duration of a ppp linkup?
> >
> >That is, the machine starts off with a default route, which I want to
> >delete and replace with the ppp route for the duration of the conection.
> >Then I wnat to put the orignal route back.
> >
> >Sugestions?
>
> Please forgive me if I'm saying something you already know.
>
> The default ppp.conf file has a line:
> add default HISADDR
> Which should do what you want.
> I'm not 100% sure that this will actually "delete" a previous route.

That's the issue. It will not. Yo get an error message about route 0.0.0.0
already existing.

Acording to the ppp.conf man page the line
 delete default
 or
 delete ALL

 _should work, but I'm having troubel getting them to work for me.

Thanks for the help.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin