Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 15:44:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        Hugo <lucas@ifrance.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: about freebsd system requirement

On 2001-06-18, Hugo scribbled:

# What is the system requirement of free bsd i've got a P90 with 16 Mo
# of Ram is it too poor to be server?

That should do fine as a server running FreeBSD. Many people have turned
old 386DX or 486 machines into file/web servers, gateways and firewalls.
I used to host my domain on a (dual) Pentium 100 with 32MB of RAM (which
was then running an older version of FreeBSD that caused SMP to not
work, but then later up'd it to 3.2 and got both processors running
smoothly).

--
Linh Pham
[lplist@closedsrc.org]