Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 23:08:19 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Dante Cannarozzi <djc2@cec.wustl.edu>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Ensoniq audioPCI

On 1998-04-22 19:47 -0500, Dante Cannarozzi <djc2@cec.wustl.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I have a quick question about ensoniq audio pci. I post a message in
> questions@freebsd.org and asked if anyone had gotten audioPCI to work w/
> 2.2.5. Someone responded and told me that they didn't think it was
> supported because a lack of documentation. I have it installed properly
> and it says this at boot
> pci0:10 vendor=0x1274, device=0x5000, class=multimedia (audio) int a irq
> 10 [no driver assigned]. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
> again and keep up the good work

Well, the card might actually (more or less accurately)
emulate some ISA sound card, but DMA will be different
(since PCI cards usually use bus-master DMA, while ISA
sound cards rely on the mother-boards DMA chip).

There is not much hope to get your sound card working
without driver changes, but I'd like to see the output
of a VERBOSE boot (enter -v at the Boot: prompt) anyway.
(The additional values reported for pci0:10 will tell
about the mapping of the card's registers into memory
or port I/O space.)

Regards, STefan