Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:57:21 +0800
From:      "bycn82" <bycn82@gmail.com>
To:        "'Andreas Nilsson'" <andrnils@gmail.com>, <sthaug@nethelp.no>
Subject:   RE: Future of pf / firewall in FreeBSD ? - does it have one ?

There is no doubt that PF is a really good firewall, But we should =
noticed that there is an ipfw which is originally from FreeBSD while PF =
is from OpenBSD.

If there is a requirement that PF can meet but ipfw cannot, then I think =
it is better to improve the ipfw. But if you just like the PF style, =
then I think choose OpenBSD is the better solution. Actually OpenBSD is =
another really good operating system.=20

Like myself, I like CentOS and ipfw, so no choice :)

Added

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c?view=3Dlog