Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:18:29 +0100
From:      Olaf Seibert <O.Seibert@cs.ru.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing port x11-toolkits/gtk20 fails mysteriously

Chip Camden <sterling <at> camdensoftware.com> wrote:
>  Portmaster users:
>
>    # pkg_delete -f gtkmm-2.20\* gtk-2.20\*
>    # portmaster -a

I tried that, but this was the result:

# pkg_delete -f gtkmm-2.20\* gtk-2.20\*
pkg_delete: no such package 'gtkmm-2.20*' installed
pkg_delete: no such package 'gtk-2.20*' installed

I also don't (seem to) have 'atkmm-*' or 'gtkmm*'.

Fortunately all this is in a chroot so it doesn't affect my installed
system. I do have a /usr/ports/packages/All/gdk-pixbuf-2.22.1.tbz file
and "pkg_info *gdk*" thinks it is installed.

# pkg_info *gdk*
Information for gdk-pixbuf-2.22.1:

Comment:
A graphic library for GTK+

The GdkPixBuf library provides a number of features:

        - Image loading facilities.
        - Rendering of a GdkPixBuf into various formats:
          drawables (windows, pixmaps), GdkRGB buffers.
        - A cache interface

WWW: http://developer.gnome.org/arch/imaging/gdkpixbuf.html

Looking inside that tar file shows the desired file. pkg_add wanted -f
to install it, since it claimed that

pkg_add: package 'gdk-pixbuf-2.22.1' or its older version already installed

Weid. But at least it works now. So thanks!

(sorry for not threading properly, but gmane doesn't seem to tell me the
msgid).

-Olaf.