Date:      Mon, 25 May 2009 17:28:45 +0200
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        pav@freebsd.org
Cc:        pgollucci@p6m7g8.com, Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE (some more ports)

--nextPart6477592.zFpzlVOVi3

On Monday 25 May 2009 17:14:01 Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> David Naylor p=C3=AD=C5=A1e v po 25. 05. 2009 v 10:11 +0200:

> > > Seems correct. But explain again, why you need this change?
> >
> > Not all ports use make but are concurrent capable and require different
> > arguments to be passed which is why I needed to expose MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER
> > (since it is just a number) and why _MAKE_JOBS was not an option.
>
> Ok, how about doing a dirty hack and using ${_MAKE_JOBS:C/-j//} ?
> Then we wouldn't have to modify bsd.port.mk ..

That will work in the ooo3 case however in the ooo2 case it does condition =
on=20
its value (so at the very least the code will need to be shifted to the pre=
=20
section of the Makefile). =20

On an aside, if quite a few ports all require this 'hack' (and in the ooo2=
=20
case a further hack) shouldn't it be in a central location?  [I have no ide=
a=20
on the number though]