Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:18:15 +0100
From:      RCL <dmitry.rekman@gmail.com>
To:        "Leslie Jensen" <leslie@eskk.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Mutex unlock failure" when compiling KDE (upgrade from 6.x)

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu> wrote:

> RCL skrev:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having the same troubles as Leslie Jensen when compiling KDE (or
> > anything that uses uic, e.g. amarok):
> > compile process stucks with the following message:
> >
> > Mutex unlock failure: Operation not permitted
> >
> > I found out that the problem was already being investigated here on
> > the list, but no solution has yet been proposed :(
> > If it helps, I performed the steps that Mel asked to perform and
> > here's the log file of Qt build process:
> >
> > http://rcl.mine.nu/outbound/freebsd/qt-copy-3.3.8_6.log.tar.gz
> >
> > The actual command that is used to link uic is:
> > c++ -fno-exceptions  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib
> > -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -pthread -o ../../../bin/uic
> > .obj/release-shared-mt/main.
> > o  .obj/release-shared-mt/uic.o  .obj/release-shared-mt/form.o
> > .obj/release-shared-mt/object.o  .obj/release-shared-mt/subclassing
> > .o  .obj/release-shared-mt/embed.o
> > .obj/release-shared-mt/widgetdatabase.o
> > .obj/release-shared-mt/domtool.o  .obj/release-shared-
> > mt/parser.o    -L/usr/local/lib
> > -L/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt33/work/qt-x11-free-3.3.8/lib
> > -L/usr/local/lib -lqt-mt -lmng -ljpeg -lp
> > ng -lz -lXi -lXrender -lXrandr -lXcursor -lXinerama -lXft -lfreetype
> > -lfontconfig -lXext -lX11 -lm -lSM -lICE
> >
> > There's no file libpthread.* in /usr/local/lib. These are
> > libpthread.so/a files I have:
> >
> > # ls -la `locate libpthread.{a,so}`
> > lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel      19 Feb 29 13:57
> > /usr/compat/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0 -> libpthread-2.3.6.so
> > lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel      18 Feb 29 13:57
> > /usr/compat/linux/lib/obsolete/linuxthreads/libpthread.so.0 ->
> > libpthread-0.10.so
> > lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       8 Feb 29 12:21 /usr/lib/libpthread.a ->
> libthr.a
> > -r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  136020 Feb 29 16:16
> > /usr/local/lib/compat/libpthread.so.1
> > -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   43284 Oct 17 00:52
> > /usr/local/lib/valgrind/libpthread.so
> > lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      13 Oct 17 00:52
> > /usr/local/lib/valgrind/libpthread.so.2 -> libpthread.so
> >
> > I upgraded the system nearly a month ago (On 29th Feb) and since then
> > I cannot build any KDE application (not even rebuild kde base/lib
> > ports themselves).
> > Upgrade procedure I used is described here:
> >
> http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2007-11-11-freebsd-major-version-upgrade.html
> >
> > I hope the information provided will help further investigate the
> > problem. I don't want to reinstall the system, that feels like a
> > solution from Windows world :-)
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Dmitry RCL Rekman
> >
> Dimitry!
> Would you mind telling me how you did that. As you might have seen from
> my postings I have a problem when I do the last command in Mel's
> suggestion.
>
> cat `make -V WRKSRC`/config.log \
>        >>/var/log/portbuilds/`make -V PKGNAME`.log
>
> I get the message that the config.log file does not exist!
> [...]

Well, actually I also was unable to do that, because Qt uses Trolltech's
configure and I don't know how to make that create config.log (it does not
by default).

What I did is running that configure script again with parameters got from
`MAKE -V CONFIGURE_ARGS` (be careful to cd into WRKSRC prior to running that
script as it is creating files in current directory and can replace your
Makefile if you run it from port's main dir) and copied the output of that
script.

I don't know how useful is this, but this output is available here:
http://rcl.mine.nu/outbound/freebsd/configure.log

Best regards,
Dmitry RCL Rekman