Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:53:49 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>, <jmz@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: kdesupport2 fails to compile on 4.2-STABLE ...

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Ade Lovett wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 12:19:57PM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> > right now, I just want to get a make install of XFree86-4.0.2 to work :(
>
> Personally, I'd stick with the individual ports, rather than x11/XFree86-4,
> which not only has pthread issues, but is also not prefix safe
> (installs a whole bunch of crud in /etc/X11), and installation will lead
> to numerous weird errors later on as packages/ports try to register
> their dependencies on imake-4.0.1, XFree86-libraries-4.0.1_2 etc..
> (after all, that's what bento is using to build the packages).
>
> Adding a suitable BROKEN tag to x11/XFree86-4 might help speed up
> resolution, or at least back out the changes that caused this whole mess.

Can someone out there confirm that I'm not the only one hitting this
problem?  I'm running under the potentially mistaken assumption here that
Jean-Marc has/is testing his changes before committing them, and that the
problem is on my side ... but if others are also experiencing it, then it
should definitely be marked as BROKEN ...