Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 12:23:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bzdik BSD <bzdik@yahoo.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crap OS X

--- Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 08:54:24PM -0700, Bzdik BSD wrote:
> >
> > I am removing it and going back to 8.6 for production needs.
> > And I am not alone.
> >
> > http://dealchat.com/mac/read.html?id=429845&thread=429845
>
> I don't know how big that site is, but there are only about 10
> negative posts in that thread..that isn't very much of a backlash,
> when you consider that any nontrivial change to a product with such a
> hard-core group of followers is going to piss people off.
>
> Kris

The very though that a negative comment could ever possibly appear on a
Mac board is a heresy. You thought you saw loyal fanatics in Linus
camp? You haven't seen anything untill you meet us, Mac nuts :).
And that board is also frequented by PC people as well, - very good
deals on all kinds of hardware not only Apple stuff.

I don't need a Mac for  xvzf|\@\-ing. I need it to grab something, drop
it somewhere flip it over and be done with it. I don't need no freaking
inetd, crypto-quazi-schmazi-zomething. Give me anything that will come
close to Eudora, MT-NewsWatcher on a Mac or The Bat! on Windows after
30 years of Unix growth. Still using Netscape on Solaris? My
condolences. The same goes to people who serve on Windows. <G>There is
no Universal Tool(Unless you are MSFT employee). But for the desktop,
Oonixen will have to go yet another 30 years. KDE, my ass. Try to offer
it to somebody who has to meet a deadline. It's a pity they killed Be
OS... one of few truly innovative things.
I don't really need a multiuser box in my home the only merit of which
is that it's 10 years old and still working. I have a 10 year old LC475
with much nicer interface that runs MacSSH for me when I need to
administer that BSD box I also love :))