Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 1996 20:12:36 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Christopher G Mann <r3cgm@cdrom.com>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), jkh@time.cdrom.com, chat@freebsd.org, jfieber@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek CDROM has a new look!

> > What's missing is 'Whois WC' stuff, staff, job openings, etc...  I find
> > them a nice touch that gives a 'human' feel to the company.
> >
> OK, I will systematically code scripts to automate generation of
> Walnut Creek CDROM staff pages, giving the pages a warm and wholesome
> "family" atmosphere.  8-)

Gotta have those 'family values'. *grin*

> Seriously though, I'll see if I can get some pickies of people at the
> company.  "Here's Jordan... click on the picture of his cat to see a
> LIVE VIDEO FEED from his Quickcam at home".

Even a brief overview of WC would be nice.  Something like "Walnut Creek
is in beatiful downtown Concord, and has the title of the company with
the largest # of cats/employee of any fortune 1000 company."

> > Also, there's no obvious way to see that WC is 'Powered by FreeBSD',
> > which would be nice, plus the pointer to the hardware might be good, but
> > maybe that's more relevant to ftp.cdrom.com.
> >
> Where is the suggested place to put this?

Bottom of the page?

> > Also, FreeBSD is now a 2nd class citizen to Linux.  Any chance of doing
> > columns so that folks don't have to scroll down just to see the FreeBSD
> > stuff?
> >

> Columns would create an inconsistent look with the other categories of CDROMs.
>
> Another alternative also creates a confusing look:
>
>   Linux
>   FreeBSD
>   Linux Complete Reference
>   Installing and Running FreeBSD
>   Linux Toolkit
>   FreeBSD Snapshot
>
> The ordering _does_ give equal priority to both Linux and FreeBSD though.  :)

Hey, I just call 'em as I see 'em.

Nate