Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 09:09:23 -0400
From:      Arthur Wraight <AWraight@compuserve.com>
To:        Submit <FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ports/3958: a2ps v4.3

>Number:         3958
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       a2ps fails if used according to man
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE i386
>Environment:

        a2ps-a4-4.3

        Wishing to learn about a2ps I tried to use it in conjuction
        with the manual.  In particular it stated use option -nP
        to avoid piping direct to default printer.  However all it
        did was to invoke option -h to stderr (which is just more
        than one screen).  Careful capture of that did not show -nP.
        I did not want to send ps to my non-ps printer, and it took
        some time to realise the truth.

>How-To-Repeat:

        a2ps -nP file1 > file2     # as on man page 4 (USAGE)

>Fix:

        Avoid -P or -nP: it does NOT go direct to printer
        Mention of these on page 2 and under USAGE of man should
        be removed.