Date:      10 Dec 2002 18:01:18 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Mark Sergeant <msergeant@looksmart.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Evolution 1.2.0_02 on FreeBSD 5.0-RC

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 00:56, Mark Sergeant wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> 	Just a quick note to let you know that currently Evolution using pop to download email crashes (evolution-mail process PID has crashed due to a fatal error (Segmentation Fault)) when actually trying to retrieve the messages. Apart from that all other functions seem to work ok.
>
> 	Unfortunately I can't find any core files anywhere.

I reproduced your problem, and found the solution.  You should probably
do a portupgrade -fr pkgconfig just to make sure all of your GNOME
components have been built under your current -CURRENT.  Specifically,
rebuilding glib12 and gtk12 fixed this problem for me.  I'm now doing
the big rebuild just to make sure I don't have any old cruft lying
around.

Joe