Date:      30 Oct 2000 20:33:31 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp.freebsd.org b0rked?

David Greenman <dg@root.com> writes:
>    No. It doesn't care about reverse DNS or what you typed in above. I don't
> know why the connection was closed. Have you tried it more than once? Does it
> still do that now?

Yes, and yes - it consistently drops connections from this net, but it
works fine from other places. I'm starting to wonder if there's a
transparent proxy somewhere upstream that's screwing the pooch.

Might there be some relevant information in the ftpd logs on
ftp.freebsd.org? The hosts that fail to connect are all on the
193.212.248.0/25 subnet.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org