Date:      Thu, 03 Jul 2003 14:04:08 +0000
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        Peter Losher <plosher+freebsd.org@plosh.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 core dumps on Inspiron 5100

An update... I've now got XFree86 (4.3.0_8 on FreeBSD 4.8-stable)
complaining much less.   The only remaining error message is, like you
show in your log message:

  (WW) RADEON(0): Bad V_BIOS checksum

plus the last informational line looks like a big problem.

  (II): RADEON(0): Panel Size from BIOS: 65535x65535

Then,  it core dumps.

I've closely followed the DRI intsructions from
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri
Am I right that this is the only way to get a driver for the Radeon
card?  (as opposed to something not DRI/DRM-related)

When I get some more time I'll post my XF86Config and the full xfree86
log...

Has anyone had any luck with XFree86 4.3.0 with a Radeon Mobility M7
video card?  Or, more specifically, on a Dell Inspiron 5100 or similar.

Thanks much,

Charles

----
  Charles N. Owens                                Email: owensc@enc.edu
                                             http://www.enc.edu/~owensc
  Senior Technology Officer
  Information Technology Services              Eastern Nazarene College