Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2012 19:30:10 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Odd mouse issue with new xorg-server

I hit a weird one with the new xorg-server. I have previously been
running the xorg-devel from about 4or 5 months ago, so it's something
that has happened since then.

After updating to the new xorg, my mouse was dead. I looked at the log
and found:
(II) config/hal: Adding input device PS/2 Mouse
(II) LoadModule: "mouse"
(II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/input/mouse_drv.so
(II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
        ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 7.0
(WW) PS/2 Mouse: No Device specified, looking for one...
(II) PS/2 Mouse: Setting Device option to "/dev/psm0"
(--) PS/2 Mouse: Device: "/dev/psm0"
(==) PS/2 Mouse: Protocol: "Auto"
(**) PS/2 Mouse: always reports core events
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/psm0"
(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/psm0
        Device busy.
(EE) PS/2 Mouse: cannot open input device
(II) UnloadModule: "mouse"
(EE) PreInit returned NULL for "PS/2 Mouse"
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (8)

But I have the following in xorg.conf:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

If I simply remove my xorg.conf, it works fine. I tried 'Xorg
-configure', but that failed to write an output file.

Any idea what is going on? It is OK on this system as it is fine with
no config file, but my two-headed work system is likely to require a
config, so I am worried about hitting it there.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com