Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2007 20:56:46 +0100
From:      Daniel Tourde <daniel.tourde@spray.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is there any native Java3d for FreeBSD6.x?

Hello,

I need Java3d on my FreeBSD 6.2 box.
When I try to build the java3d port, I end up with some Linux binary support
(FedoraCore) and a Java3D based on some Linux binary. I have sun-jdk-1.5
native on my system.

It's not that I hate Linux (I am a very satisfied owner of a few Gentoo
boxes), it's just that I want my FreeBSD box to remain as simple as possible
and as native as possible...

So here are my questions:
- Is there any native Java3D package for FreeBSD, if yes, where can I find the
Makefile?
- If no native package are planned, is it easy to build Java3D on my FreeBSD
box without being forced to have some Linux support?

Daniel