Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2003 14:57:45 -0400
From:      "FBSD_User" <FBSD_user@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "stan" <stanb@panix.com>, "Free BSD Questions list" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: How to delete/replace default route using ppp?

Try adding this to your ppp.conf

 enable dns		      # Gets the ISP's DNS IP address & places them
		      	# in resolv.conf for reference by FBSD box.

 disable iface-alias    # Stop adding old IP addr as alias when ppp
                        # redials because line was lost. These old
ips
                        # showed using  ifconfig -a   on tun0.

 iface clear            # Remove all previous IP address

 add default HISADDR    # Add a (sticky) default route (Mandatory)